If you follow the ScaleUp Valley efforts, then you know that we use the 10 Rockefeller Habits to help businesses reach their growth goals. While you may have heard about how these habits, developed by growth master Verne Harnish, can help you achieve stunning growth, implementing them is a whole different story.
That’s where ScaleUp Valley comes into the picture. We’ve developed a system for helping businesses uphold these 10 habits within their company to reach their full potential.
Let’s start with the basics – what are the 10 Rockefeller Habits and how can you master them to scale your business.
The 10 Rockefeller Habits for scaling your business
Following the example of John D. Rockefeller, one of the wealthiest people ever, the 10 Rockefeller Habits are principles that have helped over 40,000 businesses scaleup – and there’s no sign of a slow down. Sounds great right? And it’s achievable with a disciplined execution of these habits:
- The executive team is healthy and aligned
- Everyone is aligned with the #1 thing that needs to be accomplished this quarter to move the company forward
- Communication rhythm is established and information moves through the organization quickly
- Every facet of the organization has a person assigned with accountability for ensuring goals are met
- Ongoing employee input is collected to identify obstacles and opportunities
- Reporting and analysis of customer feedback data is as frequent and accurate as financial data
- Core values and purpose are “alive” in the organization
- Employees can articulate the key components of the company’s strategy accurately
- All employees can answer quantitatively whether they had a good day or week
- The company’s plans and performance are visible to everyone
There’s obviously a lot that goes into each and every one of these Rockefeller Habits. It’s not just as simple as making yourself aware of them. It’s about learning how to use them effectively and getting the rest of your company on the same page. And we’d love to help you with that.
Our biggest tip? Getting a strict routine established.
Why discipline and routine are crucial
While the use of these habits may seem like a miracle fix based on the figures we see from companies that use them, we cannot undervalue the significance of following a disciplined routine to bring them to life.
Can you imagine learning how to play a new instrument without scheduling time to ensure that you practice? You must demand a strict level of self-control and will that allows you to see your clear vision turned into a reality.
Without both parts – the vision and the discipline – you’re not likely to find success with the 10 Rockefeller Habits (nor are likely to grow your business in general). Because that’s exactly what they are: habits! Tendencies that must become daily practices, if you’d like to use them effectively.
If this sounds interesting to you, learn more about the 10 Rockefeller Habits and how to get your business using them by following all of the ScaleUp Valley initiatives. Listen to the ScaleUp Valley podcast to hear how real businesses are using these habits to grow or join our community by signing up for our newsletter. Then, keep listening and keep scaling!